|C'mon ev'rybody! Let's put on a show!|
- I enjoy baking knishes en masse.
- The heaviest October snowfall in recorded history will mess up a start-up knishery's debut.
- People like free knishes. Many were generous with donations after tasting.
- People really like chocolate hazelnut knishes.
- Hell will freeze over when I bake 568 knishes in my home kitchen again. Or, Spring -- whichever comes first.
- Realized that if I don't do a proper debut in the spring, the Empenadas/Perogies/Shumai/Borekas/(insert ethnic dumpling here) will have won. That ain't right.
- The Lo Down has got my back. And rep is built one knish at a time.
- A friend will store two trays of knishes in her fridge, and when she getS stuck in her building's elevator with them for two hours, she will only eat two. (I don't know whether to be happy, sad, horrified, or relieved she didn't eat more....)
- My wife. My wife!!:
|The Power Behind the Knish|
So in the immediate future, a baby is popping in on us (names that come to mind: Potato, Lil' Spinachy, Knenny, and of course, in honor of the town from whence our dumpling came, Knyszyn. Who needs vowels when you got love?) Expect to see:
- a Kickstarter campaign before 2012,
- a few top secret Knishery NYC plans for the winter,
- continued recipe experimentation recorded on this site,
- and a proper, non-snowed out Knishery NYC debut in the Spring!
Thanks and good knishing,
That Guy, Knishery NYC