Wednesday, November 6, 2013

KnisheryNYC at the Ribbon Cutting of 4 World Trade Center

KnisheryNYC is excited and proud to announce that we've been contracted by the company representing the World Trade Center to serve knishes at the grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony of 4 World Trade Center, a.k.a. the Freedom Tower.

Things you should know:

  1. This event is free and open to the public.
  2. The knishes are free, too.
  3. The event is next Wednesday, November 13th, 11-1pm, but how long the knishes last.....well, get there at 11. There will be other complimentary food, all in a NYC-stylee, but you wouldn't play me like that, right?.....

Family lore has it that my grandfather had a shop/worked in a shop/was about to open a shop in "Radio Row" when the whole area was condemned to make way for the original World Trade Center site. How he'd feel about his grandson giving away (giving away? oy gevault!) artisan knishes (knishes? what, nothing has changed in 65 years?!) on these grounds, I can only imagine (I am the ghost of your grandfather! I only speak in ellipses in blog posts....)

Regardless, like all New Yorkers who lived through 9/11, I'm happy to see that hole in our city filled in, and I'm especially proud to be part of this event, representing real NYC food and, by blood, Radio Row.
Mr. Cool J, can you lend me your radio, so I can represent hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment